Foundation / Corporation
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations for programs to increase the organic food supply, advance education on childhood nutrition, provide hunger relief, and improve access to healthy, fresh food. Priority is given to programs in communities where the funding source has a business location.
The Foundation supports nonprofits in local communities whose main mission or innovative programs focus on:
- Increasing the supply of organic food: Supporting organic farmers who work hard every day to grow healthier food options. More organic food means healthier soil, cleaner air, and more tasty, nutritious food for families.
- Improving access to fresh, healthy food: The Foundation sees food as medicine. Underserved communities and those facing serious illness or diet-related disease need it most.
- Providing hunger relief for vulnerable populations: The Foundation seeks to do its part to alleviate hunger in local communities, always through the lens of healthy, nutritious food.
- Advancing childhood nutrition education: Creating space and opportunity for kids to adopt healthy eating practices when it matters most. Meaningful, hands-on food learning in the classroom, cafeteria, and in the garden.
For more information about focus areas, see https://unfifoundation.org/focus-areas
GrantWatch ID#: 180232
The UNFI Foundation accepts applications from 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations in its communities that have a clear and substantive fit with one or more of the Foundation's focus areas.
The Foundation does not fund:
- Direct grants to individuals
- “Pass-through” organizations
- International organizations or projects
- Political campaigns and legislative lobbying efforts
- Building or capital campaigns
- Private foundations
- Projects that exclusively serve religious purposes
- Governmental agencies
- Sponsorships, advertising, or fundraising
Online applications will be accepted starting March 18, 2019.
- Application Period Open: 3/18/2019
- Completed Applications Due: 4/8/2019
- Funding Announced: 5/31/2019
*These dates are subject to change
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Contact form: https://unfifoundation.org/contact-us
UNFI Foundation's communities: https://unfifoundation.org/locations
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming