Lane Arts Council
05/02/19 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $10,000 to Eugene, Oregon nonprofit medium-sized arts organizations for program development and capacity building. New applicants must confirm eligibility with program staff prior to applying. Funding is intended to help mid-sized arts organizations realize their strategic goals by supporting capacity building, program development, staffing, audience building, expanded partnerships, and other organizational advancement.
Through investments in Eugene’s arts organizations, the Community Arts Program Grant enriches the lives of residents and visitors by increasing opportunities for arts engagement, ensuring opportunities for artists, and cultivating a diversity of art forms.
Review criteria include:
- Impact of funds on strategic development of the organization or its programming
- Excellence in programming and artist selection
- Impact of programs on audience, participants or community
- Intentional strategies to reach new and diverse audiences
- Strong community partnerships, education programs and/or engagement with the community
- Overall capacity and financial health of the organization
GrantWatch ID#: 185569
This is a competitive grant awarded every two years for up to seven arts organizations in Eugene.
Lane Arts Council will award $5,000 each year for two consecutive years, for a total of $10,000 to each organization.
The grant cycle for Community Arts Program Grants includes the two-year calendar year period between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2021.
To be considered, an organization must fulfill all of the criteria below:
1. The arts must be the central component of the organization’s mission
2. Headquartered in Eugene
3. Have IRS 501(c)3 tax status
4. In existence for a minimum of three years
5. Annual revenue (not including in-kind) of over $100,000 for the last two completed consecutive years
6. Provide year-round programming
7. Maintain continuous paid staff administration throughout the year.
1. Applicants that do not provide programming clearly accessible to the residents of Eugene.
2. Applicants scheduled to receive direct financial support or subsidy from the City of Eugene during July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2021. This does not include in-kind contributions or project-based partnerships. Please contact Lane Arts Council for further clarification.
3. Resident companies of the Hult Center for the Performing Arts.
4. Fiscal agents or organizations composed exclusively for re-granting.
5. Applications that are incomplete or late.
6. Applicants with incomplete or outstanding Community Arts Grant obligations.
New applicants must contact Lane Arts Council by April 5, 2019 to confirm eligibility.
Email applications to Stacey Ray by 5:00 pm on May 2, 2019 as a single PDF.
USA: Oregon: City of Eugene